Who is helped?
Havens Almoners reach out across all five boroughs of New York City. Although the challenges they identify vary, their charge is the same—to improve an individual's and/or family's well-being in a time of crisis.
Havens grants help:
- Families at imminent risk of eviction and/or utility shutoff
- Survivors of fires, floods or other disasters making their home uninhabitable
- Families without income due to the sudden death or incapacity of the primary breadwinner
- Those needing interim help while they search for employment after job loss
- Survivors of domestic violence or sex trafficking
- Adolescents aging out of the foster care system
- Grandparents raising their grandchildren
- Immigrants and refugees
- Children of incarcerated parents
- Families with medically fragile children
- Mentally disabled adults living independently